Monday, 5 December 2016

Monday Minute: Will This Ever Stop?? (Not for the faint of heart)

Hello readers! I am hoping you all had a fantastic first weekend of December! Can't believe we are finally into full blown winter. Well, today anyways as there was no snow yesterday, and today we have LOTS. But it doesn't feel like the holidays when there is no snow, it's not Christmas with all that fluffy white stuff!

There is a huge topic I want to discuss. The tribulations of parenting. You know those down days where you feel like your just failing at parenting. Well, to be honest with you, You are probably doing a hell of a job better than these people. I follow a popular face book page called "hot moms club". They do actually post some nice heartfelt articles, the kind that leave you all warm n' fuzzy on the inside, and the others are just down right freaking horrific.

Lately the posts and news stories have just been piling up. 2 weeks ago I watched a video of a women smacking her newborn baby in the face and badly bruising her eye, because she wouldn't stop crying. This morning, I read an article about a mother who didn't believe in pharmaceutical drugs or doctors. Her son was 7 years old, and contracted the Group A streptococcus infection and pneumonia. They said it was so bad, it had spread to his heart, he had meningitis and his immune system was exhausted trying to fight the infection. He died from multi-organ failure. The poor boy died because his body just couldn't fight it anymore. All he needed was antibiotics, and his mother never took him to see a doctor once in his whole entire life. The last video I watched was of a newborn found in India, in a dumpster, in a garbage bag, still attached to the placenta. WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?

I am a mother of three. They are my world, my life, my everything. If ANYTHING or ANYONE did anything to threaten their well-being... let me tell you hell would rain down in an instant. I do not stand for child neglect. If your child is crying, soothe them. If they are sick, take them to the doctor to be healed. If your child is hurt, you kiss and band-aid every boo boo!

My husband and I actually witnessed a neglectful parent when we were at the mall. Friday night we took our kids to get our annual "photos with santa" done. We then promised the girls we would go see the trains they set up every year, which by the way are really cool. We watched the trains for about 5 - 10 minutes and then it was time to go. As we were leaving, a little boy decided to run after us. We stopped and looked back about 5 times and no one seemed to know he was gone, no one said "hey, thats my son!" Maybe his mom/dad was ahead of us and he was running to catch up? Each time I looked back I made eye contact with a lady sitting on the bench RIGHT BESIDE the trains. Didn't bat an eyelash. So we followed him because obviously we're not going to let a 4-year old boy run about a busy mall with lord knows what type of people in it, by himself.

15 minutes later we are on the opposite side of the mall, on our way to take him into the security kiosk to hopefully reunite this poor boy with his parents. When the women who was sitting on the bench by the trains came up and simply said "I'm sorry, his father was supposed to be watching him". Grabs his arm and walks back the way we came. LIKE ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

When in all of this, did it seem OK to let your son wander away with strangers. I'm not going to sugar coat it, but we could've left that mall with him and no one would've thought twice about it. It's frightening. My husband and I were just so mad. There are no words to describe how I felt. I held my tongue, because I had everything under the sun and stars to say to that women but I didn't. I just couldn't fathom how she literally just sat there, and watched us, walk away, with HER child. Just baffles me to bits. BUT end of that rant.

I just want answers to questions I know many ask. HOW? How can someone treat a child so poorly. To deny safety, child care, even love, of an Innocent soul...

No comments: