Thursday, 13 February 2014

Food Frenzy Thursday: Homemade Pita Chips



When it comes to chips & dip, all my willpower to eat healthy fades fairly quickly. One bite and your taste buds are in heaven! I love my Tostitos and salsa but they are so high in sodium that the next day I feel like a fish out of water haha. I came across pita chips, and I was skeptical at first because like really? Just dipping bread into dip.. or whatever. Not very appealing. Then I found out how to make them myself so there's nothing added to them, and there actually a healthier version :D BONUS! Not to mention, freakin' delicious. Once you've had these, you'll never buy a bag of chips ever again. I swear it. I haven't.

Baked Pita Chips

INGREDIENTS
  • 12 pita bread pockets (whole wheats optional)
  • 1/4-1/2 cup of EVOO or any cooking oil of choice
  • your spice of choice [ i usually use ground Cajun spice ]
HOW-TO
  1. Preheat your oven to 400 Degrees F. 
  2. Cut eat pita bread into 8 slices and place on a cookie sheet
  3. Brush the tops of the slices with olive oil
  4. Sprinkle your spice of choice over top
  5. Bake in the oven for about 7-8 minutes until golden and crispy. They burn REAL easy if you walk away and forget and come back 10 minutes later, they will be like rocks haha
  6. Enjoy with your favorite dip or salsa!



No comments: