I love pasta dishes. It's something that you can add personality and variety to and you can do practically anything with it. My favorite these days is Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. It's freaking delicious. I love it, my husband loves it, and my kids eat it by the handfuls which says something since they are such picky eaters, if you let them, they'd lick there plate clean :)
CAJUN CHICKEN FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
- 4 small skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 tbsp cajun spice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated italian cheeses (i buy the bagged stuff)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb cooked fettuccine
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper (or more to taste)
- Pound each chicken breast flat with a flat meat mallet or rolling pin between sheets of plastic wrap or in a plastic bag. This is so the meat doesn't stick to the mallet or destroy your chicken.
- Sprinkle with a heavy amount of cajun spice on both sides of the chicken breast pressing to make sure it sticks to the chicken
- Heat your butter and oil in a saucepan over medium heat until butter begins to brown and add your chicken. Brown your chicken on both sides (3 minutes). Turn down the burner to low and cook your chicken until its no longer pink on the inside.
- Once your chickens done, take it out into another plate, slice against the grain, or even into chunks, and put it in the oven on warm so it doesn't get cold. Make sure you don't remove the juices from the pan though as that adds to your sauce.
- Add a little bit more olive oil if your pan looks dry. Re-heat your skillet and pour in the evaporated milk. Whisk until it starts to bubble around the outsides.
- Add your pepper and salt, cheese, onion and garlic powder, and I like to add a little more Cajun spice to my sauce, just to make it have a bit of a bite to it :)
- Whisk until it's combined and add your cheese whisking. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Taste your sauce and adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Toss your fettuccine noodles, pasta sauce, and chicken in a large serving bowl until well combined. Serve Immediately.