Tuesday 27 August 2013

Home made Body Scrubs

I love home made anything, and more than 95% of the time, it comes out better than anything I've ever bought from the store, and for a fraction of the price. I WIN! :D These are my most favorite and just super amazing body scrubs that cost you probably 5$ if that to make, and you most likely have all of these ingredients in your home, if not, go pick some up!! Plus each of these scrubs lasts me anywhere from 1-3 months, depending on how big a batch I make. Let's get started.

 

VANILLA AND BROWN SUGAR BODY SCRUB

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 1 cup white granulated sugar
  •  1 cup of baby oil (or tanning oil - might add a nice coconut scent to it too)
  •  1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • A big glass jar or plastic tub that has a really good seal on it, I just used a mason jar <3
STEP 1
Start by mixing together the brown & white sugar until there are no clumps (or very little).

STEP 2
Add in the cup of oil, and vanilla extract and mix together really well. 

VOILA! Your done, now scoop it into a container and have at er. Seriously though I have made TONS of this stuff for christmas, and birthday gifts, even valentines day where I made it red with food coloring, and everyone loves it, my sister in law begged me to make her more this year lol she uses it all the time. It's a fantastic body scrub and is so great in the shower it makes your skin soft, and smells super nice. Alright, moving on to the hand scrub!

LEMON SUGAR HAND SCRUB

 INGREDIENTS
  •  2 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
  •  1 cup oil (your choice of course)
  •  4 tbsp of lemon juice3
  •  lemon zest
STEP 1
mix together the white granulated sugar with your choice of oil until combined well

STEP 2
add in your lemon juice and lemon zest. To add lemon zest (cause i was one of those that was like WTH is zesting?! haha but get a small grater or zester* and just shave some of the skin into the mixture. You dont have to add zest to this, but I did because it made it smell lemony longer, and added some nice color bits to it :)

I have a jar of this sitting on my sink because i am constantly doing dishes all day, and cleaning so it gives my hands a break, and always adds that extra bit of moisture and gets rid of all the dirt and grime that builds up on my hands. 

HAVE FUN SCRUBBING! 









No comments: